The right to due process is a fundamental right in America and successful process service is an important component of that right. The importance of successful and lawful process service should not be overlooked because a mistake could lead to delays or completely derail a legal case. Hiring an experienced, knowledgeable, and reliable process server should be a priority for any individual or attorney. Though there may be a lot of process servers, you want to choose one that has a proven method of successful process service. Below, we explain the 4 essential steps to successful process service.
4 Steps to Successful Process Service
- Step 1 – Tell Your Process Server Where To Go
- The more information you can provide about where to go, the better. Provide your proess server with the best location for us to serve your defendant. This can be a home address, workplace, or place where they frequently go.
- Step 2 – Tell Your Process Server About Who They Are Serving
- A good process server will want a thorough background in who thye are serving including, their basic information, description, vehicles they drive, and their daily routine. This enables your server to find and serve them in the fastest and most efficient way.
- Step 3 – Send Your Documents to Your Process Server
- Your process server won’t b enable to do much without documents. You can submit your documents through a document uploader, via email/fax, or drop off to a physical location.
- Step 4 – Pay Online
- In today’s modern world, convenience is paramount so being able to submit everything and pay online is not only ideal for convenience but will expedite the entire process.