There are times when the legal system is needed to settle a dispute, even when the cases are relatively ‘small.’ People can have their civil cases heard in small claims court.  The Arizona Judicial Branch provides further clarification of what types of cases can be heard in small claims court, “A Small Claims lawsuit is a claim against another party for damages of an amount less than $3,500.00. These lawsuits are designed to resolve civil disputes in front of a small claims hearing officer or a Justice of the Peace. Parties in a Small Claims action may be represented by an attorney only if both parties agree to the use of attorneys. Filers of Small Claims actions do not have the right to appeal or the right to a jury trial.” If you are going to file a claim in small claims court, you will need the assistance of a process server to serve papers to anyone else involved in the claim.

An experienced process server knows how to strategically and safely serve the defendant. Your process server should work with you to learn as much as possible about he defendant so that it will be as quick and efficient to complete service of process as possible. While it may seem like no big deal to serve the paperwork to the defending yourself, or have someone you know serve the papers, it is far safer to have a process server do the job.  Rather than risk having your small claims case be dismissed or delayed because of an error serving paperwork, trust the experience and knowledge of a professional process server.